Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tywyn – North Wales






The next stop on our UK trip was to drive from Salisbury to stay with my sister and her husband at their relatively new home in Tywyn Wales, which they are in the process of renovating as a lovely home for their retirement years.


The pace of life there is definitely more relaxed than Salisbury, where they lived before. Tywyn was not unknown to them as they had lived in the town before, about thirty years ago in fact on the army base. We had spent a holiday there with them and remembered how beautiful the area was and taking a ride on the The Talyllyn Railway. Of course this trip it was mid winter and rather different but it was still lovely to explore the area and spend some quality time together.


Tywyn is a small town and seaside resort on the Cardigan Bay coast of Gwynedd in north Wales and it has everything one needs for town living within easy walking distance including a cinema and a library. There are also excellent rail connections if you need to visit other parts of the country with out driving. However I think a huge draw for my sister and her husband was the fact that they are also minutes on foot from the beach and the welsh hills.


                                               The Town





                               A Walk To The Broadwater



The Broadwater, is a lagoon just a mile to the north of the town which flows into Cardigan Bay, popular for fishing, canoeing and bird watching.




                      Bird Rock viewed across The Broadwater.





                                      The Beach, Sea, Sky.




My next couple of posts will also be tales from our stay in Wales.


All photos will enlarge if you click on them, however if you would prefer to view the photos individually you may do so in My Flickr.com album Travel Tales - Tywyn

For more information I direct you to the sources I used myself. Tywyn – Wikipedia, and The Talyllyn Railway Tywyn Tourist Information

15 comments:

  1. Very beautiful country scenery. Been not active blogging lately, sorry for missing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, just a suggestion if you could label your travel story according to countries, so that i could just click on the label of which country I would like to read and view without scolling back. You have many wonderful travel posts which are useful to travellers seeking information. Thank you so much. It is just a suggestion no need to paid extra attention to my comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pictures, I love those tiles. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for replying back to me. Appreciate it very much. Will look at your old travel photos during my free time. Have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular mosaics. Fantastic photos! A delight ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos.The Broadwater is a beautiful place. Looks like you had a great time there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very interestung blog, thank you to share these photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much beauty on this earth..Thank you for sharing some.
    What a lovely trip this must have been..Always enjoy your blogs..sorry I am a bit slow in visiting..but will catch up..
    xoCarolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda,

    We have just recently been introduced and become converts of the Gower Peninsula, down in South Wales.

    Our best and oldest friends live a little futher up the Welsh coast to your own family, in Llandudno. Unfortunately we don't get to see them as often as we would like, however by coincidence, they contacted us only yesterday to see if we would like to visit over the Bank Holiday at the beginning of May.

    They have a full weekend of entertainment and trips lined up for us, including a drive through Snowdonia, which they assure us we will not have done on previous visits, so we are really looking forward to that. A nice long walk along the beach will definitely be on the cards as well, naturally.

    Lovely post, I just hope that we return with some pictures as good as your own ...

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful restful place - apart from that very lively sea. I can see why they want to live there.
    I always wanted to go on the Tallyllyn railway as a child but had forgotten all about it till I read your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I visited North Wales twice when my sister was doing a Master's at Bangor University, and found the region to be stunning! I also loved the abundance of castles! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely images of that wonderful place..i wish to visit it someday.

    I have some travel blogs also.
    See The World
    Travel Euroasia
    Europe Travel Pad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Travel Tales and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate your support, which is a great encouragement to me and reading them is always a pleasure. All commenter's will receive a visit back from me and followers a follow back. I will respond to questions here but not reply to every individual comment due to time constraints, a problem we all have.